Broken Arms Q&A Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/30/2017 11:25 am  #1

Polymer lower that fits side plates?

Anyone know of an 80% polymer lower that fits the Broken Arms AR-15 side plates? Interested in one for a 15-22 build.

10/30/2017 6:16 pm  #2

Re: Polymer lower that fits side plates?

I bought two Polymer lowers from two different vendors at a local gun show recently.  Neither fit and don't remember the manufacturer.  I have created a few lowers now with the Broken Armory AR15 kit and they turned out great.  Tried the Polymer template kit that came with the lower.  What a nightmare.  One the first one, the 1/8" bit started going through the side of the polymer template.  I threw them both away.  Didn't even try with the second polymer lower.  I am sticking with aluminum lowers in the future.  Good luck with your attempt.

2/09/2018 12:30 pm  #3

I just ground out the little spot were right above the pivot pin hole their is a little raised area from the pre threaded stock hole on the bottom edge of it that hits on the plate and hold the sides out so can't get the bolts in the top plates. Well I ground out the two spots were it hits on the side plates the corners of the plates not the polymer. That way it don't effect anything but it lets the plates sit flush in on the polymer and the plat bolts will line up in to the side plates. Good to go right? Check it out it worked for me and I have used the jig on several builds. Good luck and GOD SPEED!

2/09/2018 5:36 pm  #4

Thanks fellas!  I actually forgot all about this post and coincidentally did another cerro forge aluminum lower 5 days ago.  Still turned out great ... as always!! Thanks again for the replies, and thanks again to Broken Arms for a seriously great kit!  Still going strong after 10 aluminum lowers!

Board footera