Broken Arms Q&A Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/13/2017 3:07 pm  #1

What upper receivers have you gotten good fits with?

Hello everyone!

Wanted to hear what brand upper receivers you folks have gotten good fits with.

By far the VLTOR MUR has been a beautiful match with 0 wobble on two of my builds. Though, is very pricy.  I've had a Spike's Tactical upper fit with minimal wobble as well.

Recently I've been very pleased with Ballistic Advantage products and decided to try one of their stripped uppers.  Unfortunately, the BA upper receiver rear take down post does not want to fit in the lowers.   I'm gonna file both sides of the post evenly until it sits properly.

( EDIT: About 20-30 strokes of a fine file on both sides of the post made a very well fit.  Anodization is off the post but no biggie.  Take down pins are tight getting in but def. managable.  Most solid fit on an AR I've felt yet.)

Trying to find some other options.  Can't wait to hear from everyone!

LB

Last edited by LongBeard85 (4/13/2017 5:49 pm)

4/26/2017 2:20 pm  #2

Re: What upper receivers have you gotten good fits with?

Vltor makes an awesome upper.  But yeah, that price is far beyond what quality should cost.

I use Mega Arms on a lot of my builds.  Another high quality company, but price isnt too high.

4/26/2017 8:41 pm  #3

Re: What upper receivers have you gotten good fits with?

Hey,
Sorry, I had originally commented on non-Broken Arms lowers, then later realized what I'd written.  But, the rest is relavent to the topic!  Somewhat.
Wasn't Ballistic Advantage purchased by Aero Precision (AP)?  I think they only run a barrel shop now, sold through AP online singly or in a finished AP upper or complete rifle.
I'm intrigued by the Spartan 7075 Billet upper with a detachable forward assist/shell deflector module.  I spotted this on Billy Bobs Outfitters.  Looks good and at $109 the price is right, but, the fit-finish-quality are unknown.
Anyone have experience with Spartan?
Thanks,
R

Last edited by plug-n-spray (4/27/2017 12:54 am)

Board footera