Broken Arms Q&A Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/23/2017 5:02 pm  #1

New Broken Armory 80 Lower pattern

Hey everyone

Got a lower delivered about a week and a half ago and it's been several months since I've gotten one from broken armory. I noticed that they have pre milled and anodized a small section at the rear takedown pin. Slightly different from their original 80% lowers.

I was wondering if anyone has gotten any info on whether Broken Armory was going to update their jig plates to account for this or if we should just continue to use original plates. I was planning on building this past weekend but thought I better wait until I heard about this.

If anyone has any info it would be appreciated

9/05/2017 10:37 am  #2

Re: New Broken Armory 80 Lower pattern

I don't have Broken Arm's version with that area milled out already, but have had several mil spec lowers from other manufacturers with the same area milled out.  I used the same process on those as I did with Broken Arm's lowers.  The only difference, really, is that I didn't always have to use the 7/16" or 1/2" bits on plates 2 and 3.  The 3/8" endmill bit was sufficient on plate 4 and 5.  I would suggest that you make sure the depths are still correct.  The pockets were never quite deep enough on other lowers.

2/09/2018 12:49 pm  #3

I always double check everything before I start drilling and milling. And I drill the first hole to depth were the trigger hole goes and make sure i don't go thru. then when milling i stay one eighth off of bottom till done then I do the last eight so I don't go thru.however if you do happen to drill thru and don't want to scrap it then just finish it and put jb weld in the whole and go on with the build as long as it doesn't interfear with the trigger it will be fine put the JB weld in it let it dry for 2 days and mill it out gain and make sure the trigger and the safety work properly and don't worry about it. clean and de burr with a dremol or file and instale parts kit.

3/01/2018 1:13 pm  #4

LongBeard85 wrote:

I was wondering if anyone has gotten any info on whether Broken Armory was going to update their jig plates to account for this or if we should just continue to use original plates.

Use the original plates.  But now you don't have to drill any of the .625 (5/8) deep holes.  Also, you wont have to mill out the pocket in plate 5.

We were going to change the plates, but everyone doesn't remove the rear pocket.  So we left them as they are.

Board footera