Broken Arms Q&A Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/26/2018 8:16 am  #1

Well, going to give it another try

Some months ago my grandson decided he wanted to build himself an AR-15. He had seen and shot mine. Also his dad is a cop and has a Duty AR and his own personal AR. Long story short, he built himself one using my mill, my Broken Arms jig and a Daytona Tactical 80% lower. While he managed this with minimal input from me, His dad and I watched what he was doing closely. It took him about 3 hours to complete milling the trigger pocket. It took another couple of months for him to accumulate the other parts and pieces to complete his AR. It is done and turned out very nice.

His dad and I took him and a few of his friends out to the pasture to shoot at some tannerite the other day and had a blast. One of his friends has asked about building his own AR using a 80% lower. I told him that as long as his parents were on board, I would be happy to let him use my equipment and show him how to use it.

It is a great way to spend an afternoon, passing down some machining knowledge and helping a kid build his rifle rather than buying one ready made off the shelf.

Board footera