Broken Arms Q&A Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/24/2018 9:59 am  #11

Re: BK-308 compatible parts list.

I received my lower yesterday and milled it out using the 80 percent arms GEN2 Easy Jig.  The lower fit the jig well and I didn't have any issues.  I have a CMMG lower parts kit (minus the handle and fire group).  The mag release and bolt catch went on easily.  I have installed the pivot pin which sticks out about .070 inches (roughly a 1/16 of an inch).  The take down pin will stick out just a hair less than the pivot pin.

I have Fulton upper parts kit along with some other stuff on order which should be here soon so I will post my findings for that particular hardware as well.    

3/11/2018 4:50 pm  #12

Just to follow up after sending some rounds down range...

My lower build parts:
Broken Arms 308 Lower milled with the 80 Percent Arms Gen2 Easy Jig
CMMG 308 Lower Parts Kit
Radian Talon Amb. Safety Selector
Geissele SD-E Trigger
Rifle Length Buffer Tube
JP Enterprises 308  Silent Captured GEN-2 Buffer
Magpul PRS-Gen3 Rifle Stock (still undecided if I would prefer a 6 position stock on a carbine length tube)
Magpul MIAD Gen 1.1 Grip (type 2 for 308)

The Upper is a Fulton Armory 6.5 Creedmoor parts kit which I assembled.  I am using 20 round Magpul PMAG 20 LR/SR Gen3 magazine.

I did a quick sight in with an EOTech red dot that I put on temporarily just to make sure everything worked well.  Everything worked well together and the weapon held a good group.  No technical issues at all.  Very pleased with it.

Obviously I need to get a scope on it and shoot some long distance but as far as mechanical functionality of everything built upon the BA308 lower...NO ISSUES.

4/02/2018 7:12 pm  #13

Mike wrote:

- 308 upper receiver (only use high rise DPMS style)
Aero M5 upper     <---- fits perfectly and looks best (our lower was designed to match up to it)
Palmetto PA10 upper     <--- does not fit. (Palmetto upper doesn't match any.  They are proprietary to Palmetto)

So DPMS Gen 2 will not work? Most of the build kits I have found have been gen 2.

11/25/2019 8:14 am  #14

Hey guys, 
It's been a couple years since my BA AR15 build and I'm getting ready to order the .308 jig plates and a couple of lowers for me and one of my boys.  I'm trying to do my homework to figure out what uppers I can and cannot use for the BA .308 build.  It seems the Aero M5 is the way to go.  

I checked their website (https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/m5-ar308/upper-receivers/complete-uppers?p=3) and all I'm seeing are uppers listed as "M5E1 Enhanced" and I'm wondering if anyone here knows if these are still OK to use?  I have also asked Aero about it on their website as to what changes may have been made.  I suspect it has more to do with the fore end rail system, but not sure at this point.  Anyone done any recent .308 builds?  Would be nice to have a list of suppliers with suitable uppers and parts.  I'll add whatever good information I come up with along the way to this thread. 

Thanks!  .  

EDIT:    I just chatted with Davin Osuna (d.osuna@aeroprecisionusa.com) at Aero and he tells me that the only significant difference between the original Aero M5 and the new M5 E1 Enhanced is that they have now gone with a proprietary handguard mounting system on the Enhanced.  I somehow missed the regular M5 uppers that are still listed on their website and thought only the Enhanced version was now available.  Personally, I want to stay away from proprietary designs which lock me into buying parts ONLY from the original mfg.  

Last edited by Pisky (11/25/2019 8:50 am)

11/25/2019 6:59 pm  #15

have a look here, several options for aero precision
https://davidsondefense.com/308-Win-LR-308AR-10_c_670.html

11/26/2019 8:11 am  #16

jellyhead wrote:

have a look here, several options for aero precision
https://davidsondefense.com/308-Win-LR-308AR-10_c_670.html

Wow, thanks for sharing!  Their prices are excellent.

Board footera